WHY UZEWLO WANTS TO SAVE THE CHILDREN
Uzwelo Bags was started as an initiative to train up underpriviledged community members to create quality, one-off fashion items by recycling thousands of metres of waste textile fabric. But for true sustatinable transformation they knew they also needed to focus on South Africa’s future.
Save the Children works hard at ensuring every child receives the quality of education that is so vital in the foundation years for a lasting impact, not only for the individual child, but for our nation’s future. However, even though every child has a right to education, most of South Africa’s children don’t even have a school bag and have to walk very long distances to school through all kinds of weather.
CORPORATE SOUTH AFRICA: TAKE THE “BAGS OF HOPE” PLEDGE
In 2016 we raised R6.44 million through generous corporate donations. If you pledge to buy at least 100 bags at R145 each you will:
- Ensure that a child gets a new school bag.
- Make a tax-deductible contribution to a cause that supports South Africa’s future.
- Get put into a draw to win tickets to this year’s exclusive Save the Children gala, hosted by top South African influencer’s.
- Have preferential purchasing for the season’s hottest fashion item, to be revealed at our annual gala.
- Receive a Certificate of Recognition to share with each of your employees.
- Click the link below to find out more about Save the Children and our partnership with Uzwelo.
BUY A SCHOOL BAG
This bag can be enjoyed by anyone! If you love the bag as much as we do, buy it for yourself, your child or a friend...
Remember, if you buy a bag:
- Our material is recycled - you may suggest a preferred main colour, but if we don’t have that colour fabric in-stock we will need to use what we have.
- You are contributing to the skills development of communities in South Africa
- Save the Children will receive R10.00 for every School Bag that is bought from Uzwelo Bags
- You are contributing to help support conservation in South Africa