We do whatever it takes for children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In South Africa and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
OUR CORE VALUES
ACCOUNTABILITY | AMBITION | COLLABORATION | CREATIVITY | INTEGRITY | UBUNTU | PASSION | LEARNING
Our five programme areas
- Holistic Early Childhood Care and Development Programme: Giving young children under five a safe, stimulating and quality early living and learning environment.
- Health and Nutrition Programme: Ensuring that no child under the age of five dies from preventable disease, and all children in South Africa will grow healthily and have long-term good health.
- Education Programme: Improving education so every child in South Africa receives a quality basic education.
- Child Protection Programme: Working to make sure all children in South Africa thrive in a safe environment free from violence.
- Children’s Rights Governance Programme: Advocating so that all children will benefit from a strengthened child-rights system that advances and monitors the realisation of their rights.
We work so that in the year 2030:
• No child under the age of five die of preventable causes.
• All children receive a quality basic education.
• Violence against children is not tolerated.
But we can’t do it on our own. Do something amazing. Get involved today.